Updated in 2021.2
This article lists the steps you should take to perform the production upgrade.
TIP: If you want to test-drive the new version before upgrade, use the pilot upgrade scenario.
IMPORTANT: The upgrade may take a considerable time, so we recommend that you do it during off hours, e.g. at night or on the weekend.
To perform the production upgrade:
- Force users to log off.
- Stop the production Automation Server and Inventory Server.
- Upgrade Alloy Discovery:
- Upgrade Alloy Navigator:
- Upgrade Alloy Navigator server components on the Automation Server computer (for details, see Upgrade Alloy Navigator Enterprise components).
- Upgrade your Alloy Navigator database.
- Upgrade the Alloy Navigator web applications on the web server computer: the Web App, Self Service Portal, and the API module. The order of installation does not matter. For details, see Upgrade Alloy Navigator Enterprise components.
- Upgrade client components for technicians.
- Start the production Automation Server and Inventory Server.
- Optional: Invite technicians to install the Mobile App.
- Optional: Update remote audit agents.