The Software Catalog is a repository of software products discovered during the audit. The Software Catalog
Using the Software Catalog you can perform the following tasks:
- Classify software products by assigning them to a certain software group. For details, see , Classification of Software Products.
- Classify software products by assigning them to a software category. For details, , Classification of Software Products.
- Track software suites by combining several software products into a suite. For details, see Combining Several Products into a Product Suite.
- Tailor product recognition rules to your requirements. For details, see Modifying Software Recognition Rules.
Network Inventoryto recognize software products that can not be recognized automatically. For details, see Adding Software Products to Software Catalog.
- Avoid tracking multiple minor software versions individually by merging several versions into one master software product. For details, see Merging Software Products.
- Back up your Software Catalog by exporting software products to an external file. Transfer your Software Catalog to another database by importing software products from an external file. For details, see .