You can export multiple Software Products to an .xml file for reuse or for backup purposes. You can restore the Software Catalog in the original database or transfer it to another database by importing Software Products into the target database.
To export Software Products to an .xml file:
- In the
Network Inventory application, go to the Software Catalog, select the products you want to export, right-click one of the selected products, and choose Export/Import > Export Selected Products from the pop-up menu. The Software Catalog Export Wizard starts and the Welcome page opens.
- Click Next to proceed with the wizard. The Specify the export file page opens.
- Browse to the location where you want to save the .xml file:
- If you want to export Software Products to a new file, specify its location and name, and click Next. The File description page opens. Proceed to step 5.
- If you want to export Software Products to an existing file, browse for that file and click Next. The Export to existing file page opens. Proceed to the next step.
- Choose whether to append to or overwrite the contents of the .xml file with the new data. Click Next. The File description page opens.
- Optionally provide a description of the export file you are creating. Click Next. The Ready to export page opens.
- Review the page and click Export to start the export.
- When the system confirms that the export has completed successfully, click OK.
To import Software Products from an .xml file:
- Open the Software Catalog, right-click anywhere in the grid and choose Export/Import > Import Products from the pop-up menu. The Import Software Products From dialog box opens.
- Browse for the .xml file containing Software Products and click Open.
- When the system confirms that the import has completed successfully, click OK.
NOTE: If the imported Software Products can be matched to the existing Software Products, their records will be updated. Otherwise, new Software Product records will be added.