Viewing Task Details
You can view the detailed information of a task as follows:
- In the Settings, navigate to Network Inventory > Task List using the Side Bar. The following details are available for a particular server task:
- Tasks - the task name;
- Task ID - the number of the task in the Task List;
- Site - the Site name where the task was initiated;
- User Name - the name of the user initiated the task;
- Status - the status of the task;
- Start Time - the date and time when the task was initiated.
- To view the details of a particular server task, double-click its record to bring up the Task Progress window. For example, when performing the Direct Network Scan of a Site, you can monitor the progress status of each discovery or audit operation, the number of succeeded and failed operations, the number of operations that remain to perform, the total number of operations including succeeded, remained and failed ones, and the number of discovered (enumerated) Network Nodes. In case of any operation failures, Network Inventory shows the corresponding messages in the Status column.
INFO: For details on troubleshooting of audit failures, see Network Inventory User’s Guide: Troubleshooting.
- To view the Server Log of a task, right-click the selected task and choose Server Log from the pop-up menu. The log details will be shown in a separate window.
INFO: For details, see Viewing Logs.
- To view the Task Log of a task, right-click the selected task and choose Task Log from the pop-up menu. The log details will be shown in the Notepad.