To enable self-registration, follow these steps:
- From the Sidebar, navigate to
Customization > General > Self Service Portal >Self-Registration.
- Select the Enable self-registration check box.
- If you want to review and approve self-registered accounts before SSP customers can use them, select the Self-registered account must be authorized by the manager check box.
INFO: For details, see Authorizing Pending Registrations.
- If you want to have e-mail notifications about newly registered accounts, follow these steps:
- To generate the “Manager Notification” message and send it to the recipient when a new user is registered, select the Notify the manager when users self-register check box.
- If you turned on authorization for self-registered accounts on the previous step, select the Notify the manager when authorization is requested check box.
- In the Manager’s e-mail address field, type the e-mail address of the recipient. The recipient could be the Service Desk manager or any other person designated to authorize SSP accounts.
NOTE: To authorize self-registered SSP users, the manager must be an Alloy Navigator
- Click Save.