Alloy Audit Tools Update
Updated in 8.6
Alloy Audit Tools is a collection of computer auditing utilities for Alloy Navigator and Alloy Discovery product families. It provides the detection and identification of hardware and computer equipment on the network.
Alloy Audit Tools consist of the following:
- Inventory Analyzer — an audit agent for auditing computers. There are three platform-defendant versions of Inventory Analyzer: Windows Inventory Analyzer, Linux Inventory Analyzer, and Mac Inventory Analyzer.
- Audit Snapshot Viewer — a tool for viewing audit snapshots.
- Internal dictionaries for identifying network devices and their manufacturers.
As soon as a new version of Alloy Audit Tools is released, you can update your audit tools to the latest version.
Updating Audit Tools on Alloy Navigator Express 8
NOTE: Make sure to close all Alloy Navigator Express applications on the computer where you install the update.
Perform the following steps to update Alloy Audit Tools:
- Stop the Automation Server
- Update Alloy Audit Tools
- Start the Automation Server
- Update Audit Agents for E-mail and FTP Audit Sources
- Update Audit Agents for Portable Audit Sources
INFO: You can associate audit snapshot files with the Alloy Audit Snapshot Viewer manually. For details, see Associating Snapshot Files with the Audit Snapshot Viewer.