How To Create MAPI E-mail Profile
In order to integrate Alloy Navigator
- An e-mail profile is a container for e-mail accounts, Outlook data files, and settings that defines where the mail is saved.
- Profiles can contain all of your e-mail accounts; different versions of Outlook have different limits of Microsoft Exchange accounts per profile.
- E-mail profiles can only be accessed via the Windows account that was used to create them.
IMPORTANT: The current version of Alloy Navigator
Expresssupports e-mail profiles created only with the 32-bit version of Microsoft Outlook. Profiles created with the 64-bit version of Microsoft Outlook cannot be used.
Normally, you would need only one profile containing the Microsoft Exchange e-mail account that Alloy Navigator
However, in some situations you may be need to have more than one profile.
To create a new e-mail profile containing one Microsoft Exchange e-mail account:
- Make sure you have a 32-bit version of Microsoft Outlook installed on the Automation Server.
- A new profile is created automatically when you run Microsoft Outlook for the first time. If you have just installed Microsoft Outlook, you can log off and log on again using your Microsoft Exchange account, run Outlook, and Outlook will automatically create the “Outlook” profile for that account.
INFO: For details about creating e-mail profiles in your version of Microsoft Outlook, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 829918 “How to create and configure email profiles in Outlook” at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918.
- Test the newly created e-mail profile by accessing the mailbox via Microsoft Outlook.