Start Your Alloy Automation Server 8
Now you can start your Alloy Automation Server 8 and to configure your pilot Alloy Navigator 8 Suite.
To start the Automation Server 8:
- On the computer hosting the Automation Server, run the Automation Server Manager for Alloy Navigator 8 (for example, using the Alloy Control Panel).
Before configuring the Automation Server, you may need to import the Database Access Key. Otherwise, the Automation Server Manager cannot access the database.
- Under Connection, click Import Key and import the Database Access Key to the local computer. This populates the SQL Server and Database fields with the values from the imported key.
- Fine-tune the database connection details, if needed:
- Fine-tune the database connection details, if needed: in the SQL Server field, enter the network address of the SQL Server, which may differ from the SQL Server name specified in the Database Access Key.
INFO: For instructions on importing the Database Access Key, see Importing the Database Access Key.
- Click Test Connection to make sure that the Automation Server can connect to the database using the specified settings.
- Click Start.
- Click OK to exit the Automation Server Manager.