Updated in 2021.1
Alloy Inventory Server is a multitasking Windows service for running automated tasks and scheduled events in Alloy Discovery.
Inventory Server performs the following tasks:
- Discover nodes on the network according to the schedule or on demand;
- Audit nodes on the network according to the schedule or on demand;
- Check Network Folder Audit Sources, FTP Audit Sources, and E-mail Audit Sources for new audit snapshots with the upload interval or on demand;
- Load audit snapshots collected by the Portable Audit.
- Upload all received audit snapshots to the database. During the upload process, it performs various operations when processing received audit data, such as:
- Recognize software products and populate the Software Catalog;
- Track the Change History;
- Send out alert notifications;
- Detect audit conflicts and resolves them, if any;
Log all events in Alloy Discovery.
Alloy Discovery supports multiple Inventory Server instances per a single database. On distributed networks with multiple Inventory Servers running, you may want to designate one Inventory Server instance as primary to improve audit snapshot processing performance.