The System Log contains errors and failures reported by Alloy Discovery system components. For example, if an Inventory Server instance fails to send out an Alert notification, an event is recorded in the System Log.
There are the following categories of events:
- Failure to run service — errors logged by the Inventory Server when it fails to start or encounters critical issues. For details, see Managing Inventory Servers.
- Audit conflict detected — conflicts detected according to the Conflict Policy when processing audit snapshots. For details, see Conflict Policy.
- Failure to load audit — errors logged by the Inventory Server when it fails to import audit snapshots into the Alloy Discovery database. For details, see Managing Inventory Servers.
- Failure to send notification — errors reported by the Inventory Server when it fails to send out e-mail messages. For details, see Setting Up Alerts.
- General — other errors.
To view the System Log:
- In the Settings app, navigate to Logs > System Log.
- View the records in the list.
NOTE: The view automatically refreshes every ten seconds. If needed, you can refresh it manually by clicking Refresh (or pressing F5 on the keyboard).
- If you want to view the details of a particular event, double-click the event record.
Alloy Discovery keeps records in the System Log in accordance with the settings you specify in the Logs > Settings section of the Settings app. If you want to clear the System Log manually, click Clear All.
INFO: For details, see Configuring Common Log Settings.