Updated in 8.6
Because of geographical or physical diversity, different Sites may require various combinations of audit methods and snapshot delivery methods. For example, the Main Office Site may require using the Direct Network Scan method for auditing nodes registered in the Active Directory and the Remote Audit method with an installable audit agent for auditing several offsite laptops in the Main Office, when the Eastern Branch Site may require using the Remote Audit method for auditing nodes in the Eastern Branch network and delivering the audit data via FTP.
Every audit method for auditing computers, Chromebooks and network devices in a Site requires having an individual Audit Source within that Site. In
- Direct Network Scan Audit Source — for Direct Network Scan.
- Network Folder Audit Source — for Network Folder Audit.
- FTP Audit Source — for Remote Audit with audit snapshot delivery via FTP, FTPS, or SFTP.
- Email Audit Source — for Remote Audit with audit snapshot delivery via email.
- Portable Audit Source — for Portable Audit.
- Google Directory Audit Source — for Google Directory Audit.