Configuring Active Directory Data Mapping
The Active Directory Synchronization uses internal services to import Person data from external sources. Service mapping defines how Active Directory attributes correspond to Person fields in ALloy Navigator Express database.
INFO: For details on Active Directory Synchronization, see Configuring User Synchronization.
Active Directory data mapping is applied to the following operations:
- Creating new Person records for new Active Directory users
- Updating existing Person records with the latest data from the Active Directory
The default mapping is usually sufficient, but you can modify or delete the default mapping rules or create new rules.
- From the Sidebar, go to Customization > Customers > Persons > Workflow > Active Directory Data Mapping.
If you want to specify how the Active Directory attributes map into new Person records’ fields, navigate to the Field Mapping for New Persons section.
If you want to configure mapping rules for updating Person records, go to the Field Mapping for Existing Persons section.
- Customize the default mapping as follows:
- To add a new mapping rule:
- Click New. The Field Mapping dialog box opens.
- Select the name of the Person field from the Name list.
- For updating existing records:
Choose a Replacement Mode. This specifies the condition when the service attribute replaces the ANX Person field value. You have the following options:
- Always — the service attribute always replaces the Person field regardless of its value.
- When Target is empty — the service attribute populates the Person field only when that field is blank.
- When Source has value — the service attribute populates the Person field only when the service attribute is not blank. This mode prevents the appearance of null values in the database.
- Under Service Attribute, select the audit snapshot attribute from the Name list. The list contains attributes that are specific for each particular service:
INFO: For details on Active Directory attributes, see the "Attributes" section in the "Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services Schema" article in the MSDN Library (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc221082%28PROT.10%29.aspx).
NOTE: If you want to import person pictures from the thumnailPhoto attribute, note that the Active Directory Synchronization supports only JPEG, PNG, and BMP image formats.
NOTE: In addition to Active Directory attributes, the list also contains some pseudo attributes, such as: Manager (Link to Person)— this pseudo attribute allows you to relate a Person with its Manager via direct relationship. It is used for the Manager field mapping. memberOf (raw)— this pseudo attribute allows you to import unmodified content of multivalued memberOf Active Directory attribute. If you want to get comma separated list of group names, use the memberOf service attribute for the field mapping.
- Click OK.
- To modify an existing mapping rule:
- Double-click a rule. The Field Mapping dialog box opens.
- Make your changes, then click OK.
- To delete a mapping rule, select it and click Delete.
- To restore the default mapping and therefore undo all of your customizations, click Default.
- To add a new mapping rule:
- To save your changes, click Save on the toolbar.