Adding Values to Lookup Lists
You should review all lookup lists, including user-defined lookup fields, and customize them to support business processes that are specific to your organization.
The majority of lookup lists share similar properties. However, these classification entities differ from other lookup lists:
- Categories – For details on populating the Category table, proceed to Managing the Category Lookup List.
- Software License Policies – For details on managing Software License Policies, see Managing Software License Policy lookup list.
- Stock Movement Reasons - For details on managing Stock Movement Reasons for consumable assets, see Managing Stock Movement Reasons for Consumables.
- Personal Event Categories - For details on managing Personal Event Categories for Persons' work calendars, see Managing Personal Event Categories.
- Lifecycle Stages - For details on managing Lifecycle Stages, see How-Tos: Managing Lifecycle Stages.
- Data Segments - For details on managing Data Segments for security roles, see Managing data segments, Adding data segments.
To add a value to a lookup table:
From the Sidebar, navigate to a lookup list:
Customization > [Module] > [Object Class] > Classification > [Lookup List].
For example, to access
TicketStatuses, go to Customization > Service Desk > Tickets > Classification > Statuses.
Click New. The New [Object Class] [Lookup List] dialog box opens. For example, the New
TicketStatus dialog box.
Type a value.
INFO: You should keep the Active check box selected. For details, see Enabling or Disabling Lookup List Values.
Statuses and Ticket Priorities have an image. Next to Icon, review the image that accompanies the item in the drop-down list.
To specify another image, click Change, select an image file and click Open. You can use your custom image or point to one of the standard icons supplied with Alloy Navigator Express.
TIP: Standard icons are located in the
\Resources\Icons\Pack2subfolder of your Alloy Navigator Express installation folder, typically
C:\Program Files\Alloy Software\Alloy Navigator Express\Resources\Icons\Pack2\.
NOTE: Custom images should be in BMP, ICO, or PNG format. Recommended dimensions is 24x24 pixels.
If you do not want Alloy Navigator Express to display any icon, click Clear.
Next to Icon, review the image that will accompany the item in the drop-down list: