Configuring Views Widgets
To configure a Views widget, follow the steps below:
- Create a new Views widget or open an existing one for modifying. The Views Widget Properties dialog box appears.
INFO: For instructions on adding or modifying dashboard widgets, see Creating and Modifying Dashboard Widgets.
- Specify the widget’s name in the Name field.
- Specify the widget’s title in the Title field. The title will be displayed in the widget's title bar on dashboards.
- If you want to allow technicians to minimize this widget, select the Allow to minimize widget check box.
- If you want to hide this widget when there are no views to show to the technician, select the Hide widget when data is not available check box. Otherwise, the widget will be shown even when it is empty.
- Populate the Views section as follows:
- To add a view, click New, select the view in the Select View dialog box, and click OK. Optionally, you can edit the view caption in the Caption field. Click OK.
- To edit an entry, double-click it and change the properties as needed. If you want to select another view, click Select and choose it in the Select View dialog box. Click OK.
- To reposition a widget within the dashboard, select it and then the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
- To delete a view from the widget, select it in the list and click Delete.
- In the Number of lines to display field, select how to choose the height of the widget:
- To limit the height of the list, enter the maximal number of lines to show. The widget will add a scroll bar when the number of views in the list exceeds the specified height. The height will be reduced automatically when the number of views is less than the specified height.
- To let the widget adjust its height automatically to show all view items, click display all.
- Click OK.