Configuring Announcements Widgets
To configure an Announcements widget, follow the steps below:
- Create a new Announcements widget or open an existing one for modifying. The Announcements Widget Properties dialog box appears.
INFO: For instructions on adding or modifying dashboard widgets, see Creating and Modifying Dashboard Widgets.
- Specify the widget’s name in the Name field.
- Specify the widget’s title in the Title field. The title will be displayed in the widget's title bar on dashboards.
- If you want to allow technicians to collapse this widget, select the Allow to minimize widget check box.
- If you want to hide this widget when there are no active Announcements for technicians, select the Hide widget when data is not available check box. Otherwise, the widget will be shown even when it is empty.
- In the Number of announcements to display field, specify the maximum number of Announcements to show in the widget. If the number of existing Announcements exceeds this limit, the technician will be able to browse through Announcements by clicking Next and Prev.
- Click OK.