Customizing System Fields
You can customize the label of any system field globally, across all forms and data views, or locally, for a particular form or view.
To customize a system field
- From the Sidebar, navigate to the list of fields where the field you want to customize is located. For example, to access the list of
Ticketfields, go to Customization > Service Desk > Tickets > Fields.
- Double-click the field you want to customize. The Field Properties dialog box opens.
- Under Binding, view the field origin.
- If you want to change the field label globally (across all forms and data views), under Display, type a new name in the Custom Label field and proceed to the Options.
NOTE: If you have already modified this field label locally for a particular view, the global change will not affect such customizations.
- If you want to change the field label for a particular form or in a particular data view, click Advanced. At the bottom of the Field Properties dialog box you will see a list of all forms and data views where that field occurs. Select one that you would like to customize and enter a new value in the Label field.
- If you want to make the field either mandatory or read-only, select the corresponding check boxes under Options.
- Click OK.
- Click Save on the Standard toolbar to save the changes.
NOTE: If you have already modified this field label locally for a particular view, the global change will not affect such customizations. Local customization takes precedence, so if you want to apply global customizations to a locally customized field, you would need first reset it to the default value (to undo all local customizations), and then apply global customization.