What's New in Version 8.6
Version 8.6 of Alloy Navigator Express provides a number of new features and enhancements over previous releases.
Simple, one-click workflow via API
Now your customers can trigger workflow actions with a single click on a hyperlink contained in an email or on a web page. For example:
- Embed satisfaction survey questions with response options into an email template to invite your internal users or customers to rate their experience with the support.
- Send out approval requests with one-click links to enable stakeholders to cast their votes directly from email messages without having to open additional links or pages.
Deliver audit snapshots via FTP
Introduced the ability to deliver audit snapshots over FTP, FTPS, or SFTP. The new method lets you reduce the workload on your mail server and use the benefits of network protocols designed specifically for file transfer.
Audit offsite computers
Added the ability to audit offsite laptops and remote Windows computers that rarely or never connect to your corporate network. Simply install our audit agent on computers you want audited, and they will periodically audit themselves and transmit audit snapshots back to the main repository via FTP protocol of your choice (FTP, FTPS, or SFTP). The legacy method of delivering audit snapshots over email is supported as well.
Audit Tools enhancements
Alloy Audit Tools has been updated to version 7.0.0. The new version includes these changes:
- Added detection of serial numbers for Microsoft SQL Server 2019.
- Expanded network information by collecting IP routing tables for IPv4/IPv6 on Windows, Linux, and macOS computers. New data is shown in the Network > Route Tables section of the Audit Snapshot Viewer.
- Implemented the ability to transfer audit results via FTP, FTPS, or SFTP.
- Added support for the installable audit agent for Windows.
Other enhancements and resolved issues
Now what you see when you create or edit Announcements, KB Articles, and Service Catalog Items is what users will see. The HTML Editor now applies the CSS styles defined for those object classes in the Settings App, and provides the ability to work with tables.
Direct links to objects in email notifications for Web App and Self Service Portal users now work out of the box thanks to the Workflow Integration options that the Web Configuration suggests by default.
The Web App now allows adding attachments to child
Ticketsopened from their parent Tickets. Previously, the "Invalid character value for cast specification" error was thrown.
Self Service Portal
Fixed the "Column 'Date' does not belong to table" error that could happen when users navigate to the Home page while there is a pending Approval Request for the user.
Discovery and audit
Fixed the error complaining about a failure with uninstalling the agent (I/O error 145) that sometimes occurred when auditing Windows computers.