Updated in 8.3
Updated in 8.5
You can modify the properties of a Software Product as follows:
- In the
Network Inventory application, go to the Software Catalog and double-click a Software Product record. To bring up the Software Product [Product Name] dialog box opens.
- Make your changes as needed. The following properties are available:
- Product Name — The product name (required, auto-populated).
- Version — The version of the software product (auto-populated).
- Manufacturer — The manufacturer of the product (auto-populated).
- Part Number — The Manufacturer Part Number (MPN), Stock-keeping Unit (SKU), or Universal Product Code (UPC) of the product. This field is maintained only manually.
- Platform — The OS platform: Windows, Linux, or Mac (auto-populated).
- MS Store App - the check box that shows whether this application is downloaded from Microsoft Store.
NOTE: You can change the value of the check box manually. If the product is downloaded from the Microsoft Store, select the MS Store App check box. Otherwise, clear the check box.
- Web Page — The product's website address. When this field is filled out, you can open the website in your default Internet browser by clicking the Web Page link.
- Description — This field is maintained manually. You can type in any description or additional information about the product.
- Category — The software category for product classification.
- Group — The software group for product classification (required). All newly added products are assigned to the default group (typically, the Primary group).
INFO: For details, see Classification of Software Products.
- By default, all Software Products are treated as standalone products. Under This product is, you can combine several products into a product suite.
INFO: For details, see Combining Several Products into a Product Suite.
Network Inventorycreates a new product automatically, it sets the New flag, so you can easily identify such products. After you have reviewed and classified the product, you may clear the New check box.
NOTE: Alternatively, you can select one or several records in the Software Products list, right-click the selection, and use the Clear New Flag command from the pop-up menu. If you want to restore the New flag, use the Mark as New command.
- Click OK to save your changes.