Every computer that accesses to the Alloy Navigator Express database must have a registered copy of the Database Access Key imported. You may receive your key as a standalone .reg file or as a long encoded string of characters. Before you log in to Alloy Navigator Express for the first time, you must import the key to your local computer, as described below.
To import the Database Access Key:
- Depending on the module you are working with, open the Access Key Import window as follows:
- In the Access Key Import window, specify a Database Access Key to import:
For details on all the available controls, click here.
- To import a .reg file, click Load from File, browse to the .reg key file, and click Open.
- To import an encoded string of characters, paste the previously copied string to the Access Key Content field.
- Access Key Content - the Database Access Key encoded content.
- Load from File - loads the key as a .reg file.
- Access Key Details - the key details:
- Name - the key name;
- Authentication - the authentication that the Database Account uses;
- Login - the login name of the Database Account (the SQL Server login used to connect to the database);
- SQL Server - the name of the SQL Server hosting the database;
- Database - the database name;
- Version - the database version;
- Creation Date - the date when this key was created.
- Import - imports the key to your local computer.
Click Import. Alloy Navigator Express imports the key to your local computer and closes the Access Key Import window.
If you are in the Connection Manager, click Test Connection to verify the connection using the imported key, and then click OK to close the Connection Manager.