Introduced in 8.3
To request an approval, follow the steps below:
- Open the object for which you created an approval (Change Request, KB Article, or Purchase Order).
- In the Action Bar on the right, click Request Approval. The Request Approval workflow dialog box opens.
Choose how you want to add approvers:
- Choosing a group - only members within this group have the authority to accept or reject requests. Click Next and choose an Approval Group from the drop-down list. Click Next.
- Choosing individuals - only assigned individuals can make approval decisions. Click Next and choose individual approvers. Optionally, specify a type for each approver: Financial, Manager, or Technical. Click Next.
- In the Type field, choose a voting method: Any Approved orMajority Decision. Click Next.
- Specify the deadline and, optionally, provide other information (e.g. comments and attachments). Then click OK.
NOTE: If the parent object is closed, the status values of all its approval requests will automatically be set to "inactive" and cannot be changed anymore.