Customizing Workflow Defaults
Alloy Navigator Express comes with Defaults for all object classes.
INFO: For information on Defaults, see Defaults.
When users create objects, initial values may be assigned not only by Defaults, but also by Templates. When objects are created non-interactively (by a service such as the Mail Connector), the service may also assign initial values to newly-created objects. For example, the Mail Connector uses a special Ticket Template, the Network Inventory Synchronization uses a special Computer Template, etc.
Workflow Defaults have the lowest priority, which means that initial values set by other sources override the values set in Defaults. So, you can always change default initial values by Template definitions for specific types of objects.
INFO: Creating Templates
To customize Defaults for an object class, follow the steps below:
- From the Sidebar, navigate to Customization > [Module] > [Object Class] > Workflow > Defaults.
- Assign initial values to fields of newly created objects:
- Click New. A new row appears.
- In the new row, click the down arrow in the Field Name column and select the object field from the list.
- In the Value column, assign a value to the selected field.
Repeat these steps to assign values to other fields you want the Default to initialize. If you want to remove a field from the Default, select it and click Delete.
- When done, click Save on the toolbar.