Customizing Templates for Auto-Created Computers, Chromebooks and Inventory Items
Alloy Navigator Express uses Templates to initialize certain fields of each new Computer, Chromebook and Inventory Item that the Network Inventory Synchronization creates. If needed, you can change default values. You can also assign initial values for new Computer, Chromebooks or Inventory Item fields.
In case an object field has two sources of values, the Template and the mapping rule, snapshot attribute from the mapping rule is chosen over the Template one. The only exception is for those fields, which snapshot attributes are empty.
You can customize the default Templates as follows:
- From the Sidebar, navigate to Customization > IT Assets > Computers > Workflow > [Computers / Chromebook] Data Mapping or Customization > IT Assets > Inventory Items > Workflow > Inventory Items Data Mapping.
- Under [Computer / Chromebook/ Inventory Item] Template, review the default Template and make your changes:
- To change the initial value for a field, select a row for that field and enter a new value in the Value field.
- To assign an initial value to a new field:
- Click New. A new row appears.
- Select a field in the Field Name field and enter its initial value in the Value field.
- To remove a field from the Template, select it and click Delete.
- To save your changes, click Save on the toolbar.