Creating Shared Snippets
To create a shared snippet:
- From the Sidebar, navigate to
Customization >General > Shared Snippets.
- Click New in the Module menu above the workspace pane. The Snippet dialog box opens.
INFO: By default, all snippets appears in the category "All." If you have other categories, you can first select a category for your snippet in the Categories pane, and then click New. The snippet will be created in that category. For details, see Managing Shared Snippet Categories.
- In the Text field, type the snippet text.
To insert a placeholder for dynamic content in your snippet text, click the location where you want to insert it, click Insert Placeholder, and choose the placeholder in the Select Placeholder dialog box.
- In the Name field, view the snippet name. By default, it is the snippet text. If the default name is too long, you may want to shorten it.
- Optional: Choose a category from the Category drop-down list. Categorizing makes the snippet easier to find. You can create a new category, if needed, and then modify the snippet’s properties to add it into that newly-created category.
NOTE: For instructions, see Managing Shared Snippet Categories. Even if you don't assign a category, the snippet can be always found in the "All" system category.
- Click OK.