Customizing the Style of Announcements
Announcements for technicians appear on
NOTE: Technicians may also view Announcements using the Mobile App. However, the appearance of Announcements in the Mobile App is pre-defined and cannot be customized.
To modify the current style:
- From the Sidebar, navigate to
Customization >General > CSS Styles> Announcements.
- Choose where you want to change the style of Announcements: Desktop App, Web App, or Self Service Portal.
- Customize CSS style definitions as you need. Make sure not to delete or modify existing CSS class names and selectors.
- Click Save on the Standard toolbar.
NOTE: When customizing the appearance of Announcements for applications, make sure that you precede each CSS style definition with the special parent selector
#announcement. This selector ensures that your style definitions apply only to Announcements, not to the entire web page. For details, see Customizing Style Sheets for Portals.
To save the current style sheet to a .css file:
- Choose what style you want to save: Desktop App, Web App, or Self Service Portal.
- Click Save To File. The Save Stylesheet to dialog box opens.
- Browse for the location to save the file to, enter the file name, then click Save on the Standard toolbar.
To import the style sheet from a file:
- Choose what style you want to import: Desktop App, Web App, or Self Service Portal.
- Click Load From File. The Load Stylesheet from dialog box opens.
- Browse for the .css file and click Open.
NOTE: When you import the style sheet from a file, you replace the current style definition. You may want to export your current style sheet to a file before doing the import in case you need to restore the original style.