Customizing the Ticket Template
Updated in 8.5
When the Mail Connector creates a new Ticket, it uses the information from an e-mail message. Namely, the Ticket Description, Requester, and Summary are populated with the e-mail Content, Sender, and Subject, respectively. This behavior cannot be modified.
Other fields of a new Ticket are populated with some predefined initial values. For example, the Ticket Status is set to
New, and the Submit Date to
<Now>. The rules for this are specified in the Ticket Template. You can modify the Ticket Template, assigning initial values to various Ticket fields.
To customize the Ticket Template for the Mail Connector, follow the steps below:
- From the Sidebar, go to E-mail Processing > Ticket Template.
- To add a new field to the Template, click New. A new row appears.
- Choose the Ticket field in the Field Name list and specify its initial value in the Value field.
- Repeat steps 2–3 for other Ticket fields to which you want to assign initial values. To remove a field from the Template, select it and click Delete.
- When done, click Save on the toolbar.