Checking Results of Reporting Jobs
After you have configured a reporting job, you can test it to make sure the job works correctly.
Before you begin:
- Make sure that the Automation Server is running. You can do this by checking the status of the Automation Server icon in the Settings status bar.
INFO: For details, see Automation Server.
- If your job saves reports to a file, make sure you can access the destination folder. If you job broadcasts reports via e-mail, make sure that you can read messages in the specified mailbox. Otherwise, temporary change the report destination to one you can access.
To force run a reporting job and check its results immediately:
- In the Settings, from the Sidebar, go to Services > Automation Server, select a reporting job and click Run on the Module menu. If the Run command is unavailable, click Refresh to refresh the Automation Server information.
- To verify that the job has run and generated a report, go to Services > Scheduled Reports > Logs and review the most recent entry at the top. Double-click the entry to view its details.
Note that log data is also available on the Sessions tab of the Scheduled Report dialog box where you configure the job.
INFO: For details, see Log Management.
- If there are no errors in the log entry, check the intended report destination. For the job that saves reports to a file, access the destination folder and make sure that the report file has been added. If your job broadcasts reports via e-mail, access the specified e-mail account and make sure that a is a report message has been received and the report file is attached to the message.