Adding Service Catalog Categories
Service Catalog categories form a hierarchical structure. This structure helps you group services and simplify service selection in the Self Service Portal. To add a new category or subcategory, follow the steps below:
- From the Desktop App or Web App sidebar, navigate to Service Management > Service Catalog.
- Under Categories, click New > New Category. If you want to add a subcategory to an existing category, select a category and click New > New Subcategory. The New Category dialog box opens.
- In the Name field, specify the name of the category.
- In the Description field, type in the description for the category.
- By default, a new Service Catalog category is internal. To make it visible for Self Service Portal customers, select the Public Category check box. Normally, you should make a category public only after you have finished populating it with Service Catalog items. In other words, when it is ready to appear in the Service Catalog.
- Click OK.