Text expressions are used where text should be inserted. Text expressions can contain static text and / or placeholders. Placeholders embedded in text expressions are replaced with their values at runtime. In order to insert such expressions, the Build Expressions dialog box offers a special “Text” expression type.
In order to insert a Text expression for parameters’ text fields in Alloy Navigator workflow, you will need to follow these steps:
- In the Update Field, Form Field, or Assign Parameter dialog box, click the Build Expression button next to the Value field. The Build Expression dialog box opens, as illustrated below.
- Under Expression Type, choose on of the following:
- For HTML fields, choose HTML.
- For other text fields, choose Text.
- Insert a placeholder using three bottom panes (Category, Item, and Subitem) and the Insert button.
INFO: For details, see Inserting Placeholders.
- Click OK to close the Build Expression dialog.