Adding Relationship Types
You can add new relationship types as follows:
- From the Sidebar, go to General > Object Relationship Map.
- Click New. The New Relationship Type dialog box appears.
- Select a relationship kind from the Kind list: Parent-Child or Sibling.
- Enter the relationship type name:
- For a parent-child relationship: Type the direct verb in the Parent-Child Name field and the inverse verb in the Child-Parent Name field. For example, “Contains” and “Is part of”, or “Is newer than” and “Is older than.”
- For a sibling relationship: Type the verb in the Name field. For example, “Connected.”
- Choose the object classes that can be connected by this relationship type (the relationship type will be available only for these object classes):
- For a parent-child relationship: Using check boxes in the Parent Objects and Child Objects lists, select object classes between which this relationship can be established.
- For a sibling relationship: Using check boxes in the Objects list, select object classes between which this relationship can be established.
NOTE: To select all objects of a particular module, select the module's check box. To select or deselect all objects in both lists, click Select All or Deselect All, respectively.
- Click OK.