Managing Stock Movement Reasons for Consumables
A Stock Movement Reason describes the reason for changing the on-hand amount of consumable materials, as well as the direction of the change.
Direction of stock movement specifies whether the consumable material moves In or Out of stock, i.e. whether it is added (In )
Alloy Navigator provides the following system stock movement reasons:
- Receiving — receiving consumables in stock; direction: In
- Issuing to User — issuing consumables to users; direction: Out
- Using in Asset — using consumables in assets; direction: Out
- Adjustment (loss) — adjusting down the stock level; direction: Out
- Adjustment (excess) — adjusting up the stock level; direction: In
- Vendor Return — returning consumables to the vendor; direction: Out
- Donation — donating consumables; direction: Out
- Damage — reducing stock level due to damage; direction: Out
To add a Stock Movement Reason:
- From the Sidebar, navigate to
Workflow and Business Logic > Asset Management > Stock Rooms > Classification> Stock Movement Reasons.
- Click New. The New Stock Movement Reason dialog box opens.
- Type a value.
NOTE: You should keep the Active check box selected.
- Select a direction from the Direction drop-down list.
- Click OK.