Configuring Report List Widgets
To configure a Report List widget, follow the steps below:
- Create a new Report List widget or open an existing one for modifying. The Report List Widget Properties dialog box appears.
INFO: For instructions on adding or modifying dashboard widgets, see Creating and Modifying Dashboard Widgets.
- Specify the widget’s name in the Name field.
This name helps you identify the widget in the list.
- Specify the widget’s title in the Title field. The title will be displayed in the widget's title bar on dashboards.
- If you want to allow technicians to collapse this widget, select the Allow to minimize widget check box.
- If you want to hide this widget when there are no reports available to the technician, select the Hide widget when data is not available check box. Otherwise, the widget will be shown even when it is empty.
- Populate the Reports section as follows:
- To add a report to the widget, click New and select a report in the Report Name dialog box. Optionally, you can modify the report’s caption in the Caption field. Click OK.
- To modify an entry, select it and click Edit, then change its properties as needed and click OK.
- To reposition a widget within the dashboard, select it and then use the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
- To remove a report from the widget, select it in the list and click Delete.
- In the Number of lines to display field, select how to choose the height of the widget:
- To limit the height of the report list, enter the number of lines to show. The widget will automatically add a scroll bar when the number of reports in the list exceeds the specified height. The height will be reduced automatically when the number of reports is less than the specified height.
- To let the widget adjust its height automatically to show all available items, click display all.
- Click OK.