Configuring Links Widgets
To configure a Links widget, follow the steps below:
- Create a new Links widget or open an existing one for modifying. The Links Widget Properties dialog box appears.
INFO: For instructions on adding or modifying dashboard widgets, see Creating and Modifying Dashboard Widgets.
- Specify the widget’s name in the Name field.
This name helps you identify the widget in the list.
- Specify the widget’s title in the Title field. The title will be displayed in the widget's title bar on dashboards.
- If you want to allow technicians to collapse this widget, select the Allow to minimize widget check box.
- Populate the Links section as follows:
- To add a link, click New. In the Link Type field, select either Custom Link, if you want to define the link by yourself, or one of predefined links. For custom links, in the Link field, specify the link that can be a reference to a file (including shortcuts to applications), a folder, a hyperlink to HTML page on the Internet or Intranet. Optionally, you can enter or edit a caption in the Caption field. If you do not specify the caption for a custom link, it will be auto-populated with the text entered in the Link field. Click OK.
- To modify a link, select the link to edit, click Edit, make changes as needed, and click OK.
- To reposition a widget within the dashboard, select it and then use the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
- To delete a link, select it in the list and click Delete.
- In the Number of lines to display field, select how to choose the height of the widget:
- To limit the height of the link list, enter the number of lines to show. The widget will automatically add a scroll bar when the number of links in the list exceeds the specified height. The height will be reduced automatically when the number of links is less than the specified height.
- To let the widget adjust its height automatically to show all links, click display all.
- Click OK.