Restoring Default Field Labels
You can reset the label of a system field to the default value as follows:
- From the Sidebar, navigate to the list of fields where you want to restore a label. For example, to access the
Problemfields, go to Workflow and Business Logic > Service Desk > Problems > Fields.
- Double-click the field. The Field Properties dialog box opens.
- Under Display, clear the Custom Label field.
- If you have customized the field label on a data view level and want to restore the system label for these views as well, click Advanced and clear the Label fields in each respective view’s row.
For Reference fields:To remove a filtering condition for drop-down list items, clear the Filter field.
- Click OK.
- Click Save on the Standard toolbar to save the changes.
NOTE: If you have already modified this field label locally for a particular view, the global change will not affect such customizations. Local customization takes precedence, so if you want to apply global customizations to a locally customized field, you would need first reset it to the default value (to undo all local customizations), and then apply global customization.