Adding new entries to your localization dictionaries
If your SSP customers are using different languages when accessing SSP, you need to:
- Install multiple languages during the configuration of the Self Service Portal
- Manage the localization dictionaries after making changes to the Workflow items.
Alloy Navigator includes localization dictionaries for all workflow items that are involved in SSP operations. The following languages are provided: English (United States), German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese.
INFO: For details on installing language packs, see Installation Guide: Installing and Configuring the Self Service Portal.
Let us suppose you added a new column to one of the
- The localization dictionaries for different languages are stored in the
localizationfolder under the Alloy Navigator 8 Self Service Portal folder:
[PhysicalPathToSSP]is the placeholder for the physical path to Self Service Portal files.
NOTE: For instruction on viewing the physical path of Self Service Portal installation folder, see Physical Path to Self Service Portal Files.
- Open the localization dictionary that you want to update with a unicode-aware text editor, e.g. Microsoft Notepad.
NOTE: For details on localization dictionary structure, see Preparing a Localization Dictionary.
- For the column that you want to localize, add the following object to the
TICKETS.GRID— the part of the key responsible for the text resources of the
Incidentviews. (Incidents appear in the SSP as Tickets.)
FieldName— the name of the new field, as defined in the
views_config.xml(all in uppercase recommended).
LocalizedName— the localized version of the field name.
NOTE: Keys in the
Termsarray relating to object classes other than
Incidents, begin with the corresponding
OBJECT_CLASSname instead of
- Save the localization dictionary.