Form Field window (View Form)
Use the Form Field window to add or edit a field to be displayed on the chosen View Form in the Self Service Portal.
Under Field, specify the general field properties:
- Object Field - indicates that the field is physical, i.e. displays the value of a physical object field.
- Name - the name of the object field.
- Virtual Field - indicates that the field is virtual, i.e. displays dynamic content (a macro or a value of another object). You specify the content to display in the Value field below.
- Name - the name of the virtual field.
- Type - the type of the virtual field (the type of data in the Value field).
- For Reference field:
Reference to - the class of objects or object classifiers to choose a reference object from.
NOTE: When the field label is customized, the Name field displays the custom label instead of the field name. For details, see Customizing system field labels.
Under Display, specify how this field appears on the View Form:
- Label - the field label. If you want to use the field name as the caption, keep this field clear.
- Value - the virtual field value.
- - opens the Build Expression window, where you can enter static text combined with dynamic content, or a SQL expression or script that returns a single dynamically calculated value.