You may want to update your configured pilot Alloy Navigator 8 database with the latest data records from your production database. This will bring over all your current production data to the Alloy Navigator 8 pilot environment. The production environment will remain fully operational and intact.
This step does not import any configuration information, only data records, so configuration changes made to your current production system after the Initial Migration will not be reflected. All data records (such as Tickets, Knowledge Base Articles, Computers, etc.) in the target Alloy Navigator 8 database will be replaced with the latest data from the source database.
INFO: For details, see Database Migration for Alloy Navigator .
- Run the Database Management tool for Alloy Navigator and click Next to continue.
Choose the Migrate data from a
previous version ofAlloy Navigator option and click Next. The Choose the migration mode page opens.
- Click Update Pilot Data and click Next. The Choose the source and target database page opens.
Specify the following settings:
- Enter the name or IP address of the SQL server where both production and pilot databases reside.
Authenticate yourself on the SQL Server using an account with the
sysadminrole on the SQL Server and the
Administratorrole in both production and pilot databases.
- Select the name of your production database (source database) and the name of the target pilot Alloy Navigator8 database (target database).
Click Next. The Back up the source [Product Name and Version] database page opens.
- Browse for a folder on the SQL server for the backup file and specify its file name. The "Update Pilot Data" step will not affect your source database, however, a backup copy is required for the update process. Click Next. The Back up the target Alloy Navigator 8 database page opens.
- Browse for a folder on the SQL server for the backup file and specify its file name. The "Update Pilot Data" step will not affect your target database, however, a backup copy is required for the update process. Click Next. The Ready to proceed page opens.
- Click Next to start updating the database. When the process is complete, the Database setup completed page opens.
- Click Finish to complete the update.
You can perform this step as many times as you need.