This final migration step will switch your pilot database to production one last time. The configuration data of your pilot system will be unaffected.
During the final migration step, you can flip production databases, which means your old database will be taken offline, renamed to
_SAVE, then the new Alloy Navigator
8 database will take the name of the original database. This
_SAVE database represents a backup of your Alloy Navigator
data. We recommend that you keep the Flip Production Databases option enabled.
- Run the Database Management tool for Alloy Navigator and click Next to continue.
Choose the Migrate data from a
previous version ofAlloy Navigator option and click Next.The Choose the migration mode page opens.
- Select the Move to Production option and keep the Flip Production Databases check box selected.
- click Next. The Choose the source and target database page opens.
Specify the following settings:
- Enter the name or IP address of the SQL server where both production and pilot databases reside.
Authenticate yourself on the SQL Server using an account with the
sysadminrole on the SQL Server and the
Administratorrole in both databases.
- Select the name of your production database (source database) and the name of the pilot Alloy Navigator 8 database (target database).
Click Next. The Back up the source [Product Name and Version] database page opens.
- Browse for a folder on the SQL server for the backup file and specify its filename. The "Move to Production" step will not affect your source database, however, a backup copy is required for the migration process.
Click Next. The Back up the target Alloy Navigator 8 database page opens.
- Browse for a folder on the SQL server for the backup file and specify its file name. The "Move to Production" step will not affect your target database, however, a backup copy is required for the migration process. Click Next. The Ready to proceed page opens.
- Click Next to start the final migration. When the process is complete, the Database setup completed page opens.
Click Finish to complete the update.
NOTE: During the migration process all the existing CSS style definitions and templates with all the elements of the Preview Pane will be replaced with the new data. Your backup file will contain definitions and templates of the previous version. The icons will be replaced as well with no backup. For details, see
Help: Customizing style sheets.
INFO: For the activation instructions, see Activating the Product.