Creating Shared Views
To create a shared view, follow these steps:
- From the Sidebar, navigate to General > Shared Views, and then go to the object class where you want to create a shared view. For example, go to General > Shared Views > Incidents.
- Click New. The New Shared View and the Customize View dialog boxes open. For convenience you can place these two dialog boxes side by side.
- In the Customize View dialog box, configure the view, and then click Apply.
- In the New Shared View dialog box, you can see how the data view will look like using a small sample of records from the database. You can keep making additional changes while using the Apply button to reflect your customizations in the preview window. Once you are happy with the result, click OK to close the Customize View dialog box.
- In the New Shared View dialog box, click OK. The Save View As prompt pops up.
- Type the view name and click OK.
NOTE: In addition, you can create a new shared view by exporting a local view from the Desktop App to an external file and then importing that view into the Settings.
INFO: For details, see Importing Configuration Settings .
Desktop App users can also create shared copies of their local views. All newly created shared views, remain unavailable to any user until you assign them to some security roles.
INFO: For details, see Assigning Shared Views to Security Roles.