Adding Values to Lookup Lists
You should review all lookup lists, including user-defined lookup fields, and customize them to support business processes that are specific to your organization.
NOTE: The majority of lookup lists share similar properties. However, several classification entities differ from other lookup lists:
INFO: For details on populating the Category table, proceed to Managing the Category Lookup List.
INFO: For details on managing Software License Policies, see Managing the Software License Policy Lookup List.
INFO: For details on managing Request Fulfillment records for the Service Catalog, see Managing Request Fulfillment.
INFO: For details on managing Stock Movement Reasons for consumable assets, see Managing Stock Movement Reasons for Consumables.
INFO: For details on managing Personal Event Categories for work calendars, see Managing Personal Event Categories.
INFO: For details on managing Lifecycle Stages for Change Requests, see The page has been moved.
To add a value to a lookup table, follow these steps:
- From the Sidebar, navigate to a lookup list:
Workflow and Business Logic > [Module] > [Object Class] > Classification > [Lookup List]. For example, to access IncidentStatuses, go to Workflow and Business Logic > Service Desk > Incidents > Classification > Statuses.
- Click New. The New [Object Class] [Lookup List] dialog box opens. For example, the New
IncidentStatus dialog box.
- Type a value.
INFO: You should keep the Active check box selected. For details, see Enabling or Disabling Lookup List Values.
- For Statuses and Ticket Priorities: Next to Icon, review the image that will accompany the item in the drop-down list:
To specify an icon image, click Change, select an image file and click Open. You can use your custom image or point to one of the standard icons supplied with Alloy Navigator. Standard icons are located in the
\Resources\Icons\Pack2subfolder of your Alloy Navigator installation folder, typically,
C:\Program Files\Alloy Software\Alloy Navigator 8\Resources\Icons\Pack2\.
NOTE: Custom images should be in BMP, ICO, or PNG format. Recommended dimensions: 24x24 pixels.
- If you do not want Alloy Navigator to display any icon, click Clear.
- You may want to be able to filter out some items when displaying this drop-down list to technicians as they perform certain steps within workflow. In this case, tag the list item: click Manage in the Tags section and specify tags associated with this item.
INFO: For details, see Tagging List Items.
- Click OK.
NOTE: The Medium Codes lookup list is shared among all Ticket classes: Change Requests, Incidents, Problems, Service Requests, and Work Orders.