User-Defined Field Types
Alloy Navigator supports the following types of user-defined fields:
- Integer — an integer value between -99999999 and 99999999.
- Logical — a boolean value (
False). Logical fields appear as check boxes in object details windows and forms or as check marks in grids.
- Currency — a currency value, which consists of a decimal value and a currency symbol, e.g. $500.00.
NOTE: You can customize the currency format, if needed. For details, see Customizing the Currency Format.
- Float — a decimal floating-point value. A Float field allows up to 15 digits, of which 9 can be to the right of the decimal. When creating fields of this type, you can specify a number of decimal places which will be used as a format for input and display of values.
- String — a text up to 1000 characters long.
- Encrypted — a text up to 1000 characters long that should be stored securely. The field of this type allows users to store and display sensitive data in encrypted form. Encrypted values can be read by business logic operations. Encrypted fields with no data or NULL value are displayed as blank.
- Memo — a text up to 1 GB in size. Memo fields appear in object details windows and forms as text boxes with a special icon in the upper-right corner that opens the field contents in a new window.
- Date — a date value.
- Date/Time — a date and time value (a timestamp).
- Duration — a time duration value.
NOTE: You can customize the duration format, if needed. For details, see Customizing the Duration Format.
- Lookup — a field where the user can choose a value from a list of available items. Lookup fields appear in object details windows and forms as drop-down lists.
- Reference — a reference to another object in the database. Reference fields appear in object details windows as searchable drop-down lists.
NOTE: Currently, Alloy Navigator supports references to Person records only.