Importing Complete Workflow Packs
When your export file contains a complete workflow pack and this file was marked as complete during the creation, you will be prompted to overwrite your existing business logic configuration with the new one from the file.
INFO: For details, see Complete Workflow Packs and Complete Output Files.
If you want to replace your existing configuration, choose the overwrite option. The import will first delete all business logic configuration for the object class and then add the new configuration from the file. If your database already contains security roles, the system will attempt to assign imported actions
If you do not want to replace your existing configuration, the import will simply add new settings to you existing configuration and will not affect your security role assignments, just as it does when you are using a regular export file.
INFO: For details, see Importing Configuration Settings .
To import a workflow pack from a complete export file:
- Click Import Settings on the Standard toolbar to bring up the Import Configuration From dialog box.
- Browse for the export file you want to import and click Open. The Import Configuration Settings dialog box opens.
- Review the full file name of the export file, the version of the Alloy Navigator application it was generated with, and the description of the file content.
NOTE: We recommend that you do not attempt to import settings from an earlier version of Alloy Navigator than the one you are running.
- If you want to preview the file content, click the Show File Content button to bring up the File Content dialog box. The Content section displays the Settings nodes to which the settings will be imported. The number of items to be imported is shown in parentheses next to the node name.
- If you want to overwrite the existing business logic configuration with the new one from the file, select the Overwrite the existing workflow for [Object Class] check box. Otherwise, leave this check box clear and proceed to Import step.
- Under Backup, leave the Enable backup check box selected and specify where to back up your existing configuration before doing the import. Your backup .xml file will be also marked as complete, just as the source export file. This will allow you to restore your workflow by importing it from this file, if needed.
- Click Import.
- The system confirms when import has been successful. Click OK.