Viewing and Restoring Archived Tickets
Archived records are removed from the original database and so no longer can be seen by Desktop App or Web App users. However, as the administrator, you can always view archived Tickets in the Settings. You can also restore particular Tickets one by one so that they reappear in the original database and can be worked with by users again.
Limitations for restoring archived Ticket records include the following:
- History and Related Objects cannot be archived or restored
- Related CIs and Related Tickets (e.g. Related Problems, Parent / Child Tickets, etc.) are not restored
- Specific Activities data (i.e. Category, Published, and Time Spent) is not restored
- Tickets calculated values (i.e. Time Spent and Cumulative Time Spent) are not restored
IMPORTANT: Alloy Navigator does not allow browsing archive databases created with earlier versions of the product. When you access an old archive database for the first time, you will be prompted to update it to the latest version. Be sure to allow enough time for this procedure. During the update process, other operations with the Settings will be blocked. If needed, you can interrupt the update with the Break button. When you restart, the process will be continued and the data will be preserved. We recommend that you update your archived databases as part of your post-migration activities.
To view or restore archived Tickets:
- From the Settings Sidebar, navigate to Services > Archiving > Archive Databases.
- In the middle pane, you can see the list of archive databases along with object classes: Incidents, Work Orders, etc. Choose a database and an object class to view.
- In the right pane, you can see a grid showing Tickets from a chosen class. This grid is similar to Desktop App data grids. You can use grouping, sorting, filtering, and view customization capabilities, just like in the Desktop App.
- To view detailed information about a Ticket, double-click it in the grid or select a Ticket and click Open. The Archived object window opens.
- In the Archived object window, you can see the General, Activity, and Attachments tabs. To add other fields to the General tab, click the Show Fields button and choose necessary fields.
- To restore a Ticket, click the Restore Ticket button in the Archived object window. You can also select a Ticket in the grid and click the Restore Ticket button.