Viewing Active User Sessions
Updated in 8.4
You can view active user sessions as follows:
- From the Sidebar, navigate to
Users & Security> User Sessions > Logged Users.
- View currently active user sessions.
The following information is available for each session in the list:
- Login— the user name (login) of the technician currently logged in.
- User IP— the IP address of the client computer:
- For Desktop App users— the IP address of the technician’s computer running the Desktop App.
- For Web App users— the value depends on the network configuration, and may display the IP address of the technician’s computer running the Internet browser or the IP address of the proxy server (including transparent proxy) between the technician’s computer and the Internet.
- For Mobile App users— the value also depends on the network configuration, and may display the IP address of the user’s wireless router.
- Session Type— the account type: Concurrent or Named.
NOTE: This column is available only if you have a mixed product license that supports both Concurrent Users and Named Users models. For details, see Viewing License Usage Statistics.
- User Full Name— the technician’s Full Name.
- Module Name— the Alloy Navigator module where the technician is logged in: Desktop App,Web App, Mobile App.
- Last Activity— the timestamp of the most recent technician’s activity.
- Logon Time— the time when the user last logged in to the Alloy Navigator module.
- Duration— the duration of the user’s session (the difference between the Logon Time and Last Activity values).
NOTE: When a technician logs in to both the Desktop App and the Web App under the same named account, these sessions are considered a single user session.
Alloy Navigator monitors active sessions and refreshes displayed values on change. The system automatically checks every ten seconds if new sessions have been started or active sessions have been ended, which practically makes the displayed list of active sessions always actual. You can also refresh the Last Activity and Duration values of currently open sessions manually by clicking Refresh (or pressing F5 on the keyboard).