What's new in version 8.7
Version 8.7 provides a number of new features and enhancements over previous releases.
Audit Tools enhancements
Alloy Audit Tools has been updated to version 7.0.1. The new version includes these changes:
- Now when you distribute the Audit Agent to your employees for offline installation on their travel laptops, the audit runs as soon as the Audit Agent finishes installing.
- Fixed SMBIOS-related issues when running the Inventory Analyzer on Windows machines.
- New modern device icons for the Device Drivers tab in the Audit Snapshot Viewer.
- The Audit Snapshot Viewer now shows the complete numeric version (e.g. 10.0.18363 Build 18363) of Microsoft Windows 10.
- Locale settings for Linux computers are reported more accurately.
Give your eyes a break
In order to reduce eye strain in low-light environments, we have added support for a new Alloy Dark theme.
More secure audit
In order to improve security, we revised minimum necessary permissions required for the Network Folder Audit method.
Secure communication with the latest email protocols
Added support for OAuth 2.0 and Microsoft Graph API to ensure the latest Microsoft standards in Office 365 Email protocols for better security and connectivity.
Integrate with PowerShell scripts
youcan execute PowerShell scripts within integrationsto run external commands and utilities directly from your Alloy Discovery.
IMPORTANT: This change may affect your customizations. For details, see PowerShell instead of CMD in integrations.
Documented date ranges for reports
Added description of date range values (such as Last 7 days, This month, etc.) that you choose when running reports. See online help for the Report Parameters dialog box.