The Server Log contains the information about events of the Inventory Server tasks.
To view the Server Log:
- In the Settings app, navigate to Logs > Server Log.
- View the listed records.
- If you want to view the details of a log record for a particular task, double-click the record. By default, the Server Log Record window displays information about the particular Server Log record:
- Log Date — the date and time when the event was logged.
- Order — the number of the Server Log record.
- Task User Name — the name of the user initiated the server task.
- Task Summary — the short summary of the task.
- Task ID — the number of the task in the Task List.
- Details — the detailed information about the event.
The Next Item and Previous Item buttons allow you to page through the Server Log records.
- If you want to view the log data for a particular Inventory Server task, select the record and click View Task Log.
Alloy Discovery stores Server Log records in accordance with the settings you specify in the Logs > Settings section of the Settings app. If you want to clear the log manually, click Clear All. You can also delete a particular log record by selecting a record in the list and clicking the Delete Selected Item(s) button.
INFO: For details, see Configuring Common Log Settings.