Logging in to Alloy Discovery
To start working with Alloy Discovery, you need to log in to the system. To log in, provide your credentials in the Log in to Alloy Discovery window:
If you use a Windows account, Alloy Discovery authenticates you with your current Windows credentials. Just review your Windows user name in the Username field and click OK to proceed.
If you use a Standard account, type in your user name and password in the Username and Password fields, and then click OK to log in.
TIP: If you have difficulties to log in to Alloy Discovery, contact your Alloy Discovery administrator.
NOTE: You can choose to hide the Log in to Alloy Discovery window and log in automatically. For details, see Applying advanced preferences: Showing and hiding the Login dialog.
Advanced connection options
Sometimes you may need to specify advanced options to connect to Alloy Discovery. An advanced connection is required if you work with more than one Alloy Discovery database or when you need to log in to the Alloy Discovery under different accounts (for example, when testing the workflow). A set of advanced connection options, including the credentials for your personal Alloy Discovery technician account and the information about the database to connect, is referred to as a connection.
You can create as many connections as you need. When you have more than one connection, the Log in to Alloy Discovery window shows the Connection drop-down list, and you can choose the desired one when logging in to Alloy Discovery.
To manage connections, click Manage Connections and use the Connection Manager window to create, modify, or delete your connections.
- Connection - the connection to the Alloy Discovery database (available when more than one connection exists).
- Database - the Alloy Discovery database to connect to (available in the advanced Log in to Alloy Discovery window).
- Authentication - your authentications type (available in the advanced Log in to Alloy Discovery window).
- Username - your Alloy Discovery user name (required for Standard Authentication).
- Password - your Alloy Discovery password (required for Standard Authentication).
- Save password - stores your password so that you do not have to type it in the next time you log in to Alloy Discovery (applicable for Standard Authentication).
- Manage Connections - opens the Connection Manager window where you can create and manage all the connections that are available on your system.