The installer detects Alloy
Depending on your configuration, you need to run the installer on the following computers:
Alloy Discovery Inventory Server — The computer hosting the Alloy Discovery 8 Inventory Server. If you have several Inventory Server instances for your Alloy Discovery 8 database, run the Alloy Navigator 8 Suite installer on every instance.
Alloy Discovery technician’s computers — Computers hosting Alloy Discovery 8 client components, i.e. the Desktop App and administrative tools.
To upgrade Alloy
- Run the Alloy
- By default, the installer extracts its temporary files to the
8xx.cdfolder. If the folder does not exist, the installation wizard will create it.
NOTE: If you want to change the destination folder, click Browse and make a new temporary folder for installation files.
TIP: When you need to upgrade Alloy
Discovery8 components on multiple computers, you can copy this folder to a network share and then run the
AlloyInstaller.exefile from there. If no longer needed, this folder and its content can be manually removed after the upgrade has finished.
- Click Extract. When the files are extracted, the Welcome page appears.
- Click Upgrade Existing Products. The Products to Upgrade page opens.
- The installer lists Alloy
Discovery8 products installed on your local computer. Click Next to proceed. The Upgrade Prerequisites page opens.
- The installer analyzes your computer, and test for prerequisites. If any of the tests fail, the installer displays a warning message along with a hyperlink, which shows additional information about the encountered issue.
You can make the necessary changes and then recheck the prerequisites by clicking Recheck.
IMPORTANT: Do not continue with the upgrade until all prerequisites are satisfied. For the system requirements, see Server Machine Requirements.
- Click Upgrade to start the upgrade process. Optionally, you can go back and change your settings as needed by clicking Back.
IMPORTANT: You must close all running applications before starting the upgrade process.
The installer begins upgrading all required software automatically.
When the installer completes the upgrade process, leave the Run the Database Management to upgrade the existing
Alloy Discoverydatabase check boxes selected and click Finish. The Database Management tool starts.
NOTE: If you do not want to upgrade your databases right now, clear the Run the Database Management to upgrade the existing
Alloy Discoverydatabase check boxes before clicking Finish.
NOTE: When Alloy Navigator is upgraded, you may need to enable TLS 1.2 support. For details, see Enabling TLS 1.2 Support.