This step will import all data from your production Alloy Navigator Express Network Inventory to a new Alloy Discovery 8 database again.
INFO: For details, see Database Migration Scenario for Alloy Discovery from Alloy Navigator Express.
- On the Welcome page of the Database Management tool for Alloy Discovery, click Next to continue.
- Click Migrate inventory data from a previous version of Alloy Discovery or Alloy Navigator and click Next. The Choose the source product version page opens.
- Select the Alloy Navigator Express ... database option and click Next. The Choose the source database page opens.
Specify the following settings:
- Enter the name or IP address of the SQL server where both production and test databases reside.
Provide your credentials to log in to the SQL Server using an account with the
sysadminrole on the SQL Server.
- Choose the name of the source Alloy Discovery 6 or 7 database from the Source DB drop-down list.
- On the Back up the source [Product Name and Version] database page, browse for a folder on the SQL server for the backup file and specify its file name. Click Next. The Database Account page opens.
- Specify the Database Account.
- Once you specified the Database Account, the Database Management tool generates a Database Access Key. By default, the key is exported into the
[KeyName].regfile on your desktop. To change the default path or name, click the ellipsis button and specify a new location.
- On the Ready to proceed page, click Next to proceed. Click Back if you need to make any changes.
- Once the database has been created, the Summary page opens with the information about the newly created database. Now you need to activate the new database. To start the activation, click Finish. The License Management window opens.
INFO: For details, see Database Account.
Provide the credentials for the SQL Server login that already serves as as the Database Account for the pilot database. Alternatively, click Create SQL Server Account and create a new SQL Server login for this task.
Click Next. The Database Access Key page opens.
INFO: For details, see Distributing the Database Access Key.
The task to import inventory data from the source database is queued in Alloy Discovery 8. Once you have activated Alloy Discovery 8 and started the Inventory Server 8, the server will import the data to the new Alloy Discovery 8 database.
INFO: For the activation instructions, see Activating the Product.