Updated in 8.4
There are different ways to access the
On the desktop, double-click the Alloy Discovery shortcut.
In the Alloy Control Panel, click the
Alloy Discovery Desktop Appicon.
The Settings app is an administrative tool that allows you to perform different Alloy Discovery's administrative tasks such as creating user accounts, managing software products, configuring alert messages, customizing field labels, resolving conflicts, accessing log files, etc.
There are many ways to access the Settings app:
- In the Alloy Control Panel, click the Alloy Discovery Settings icon.
- From the Alloy Discovery Desktop App, choose Tools > Settings on the main menu.
The Database Management tool for Alloy Discovery allows you to perform the following tasks:
- Create a new database.
- Migrate inventory data from a previous version of Alloy Discovery or Alloy Navigator.
- Upgrade the Alloy Discovery 8.x database to the latest version.
- Activate your Alloy Discovery database by applying the product’s digital license.
You can start the Database Management tool as follows:
- In the Alloy Control Panel, click the Alloy Discovery Database Management tool icon.