About this Administration Guide
This document explains Alloy Discovery features and covers the most common tasks that Alloy Discovery enables system administrators to perform.
Since your Alloy Discovery database is installed and activated, you can audit computers and discover network devices on your network right away. To run your first audit immediately, use the First Direct Network Scan with the Quick Start Wizard. To gain complete insight of your hardware and software inventory, take your time and perform the initial configuration:
- Make sure your
InventoryServer is configured and started. For details, see Managing Inventory Servers.
- Choose audit methods that suits the needs of your organization. For details, see Overview of Audit Methods.
- Check pre-configured audit profiles: use them as they are, modify them as needed, or create your own. For details, see Audit Profile Options.
- Provide audit credentials for all types of network nodes you want audited. For details, see Providing Audit Credentials.
- Create Sites and configure Audit Sources. For details, see Creating Sites.
- Audit your computers, Chromebooks and network devices. For details, see Auditing Network Nodes.
Once the initial configuration is complete and first audit snapshots are uploaded, you can analyze your inventory from different perspectives:
- Analyze the hardware and software inventory data with dynamic filtering, grouping, and sorting techniques. For details, see by Analyzing Inventory Data Using Grids, Analyzing Inventory Data Using Network Diagrams, or Viewing Individual Audit Snapshots.
- Detect installed software products and maintain software licensing compliance. For details, see Managing the Software Catalog.
- Automatically notify administrators and technicians of important events and critical issues with your hardware and software. For details, see Setting Up Alerts.
- Group computers and devices using custom rules. For details, see Creating Collections.
- Stay informed of important events. For details, see Viewing the Change History.
- Remotely manage computers and devices on your network with an array
of tools and utilities right from the interface of
Alloy Discovery. For details, see Using Integrations.
Export inventory data in XML, HTML, CSV, and Excel formats for further analysis and integration with third‐party systems. For details, see Help: Exporting grid data, Reporting Audit Results.
Automatically notify administrators and technicians of important events and critical issues with your hardware and software. For details, see Setting Up Alerts.
Product Documentation Available for
Alloy Software offers a collection of product documentation to help you get the most out of our products. For more information about